Director of ERCOT Development
My client is a leading renewable energy company specializing in Solar, Energy Storage, and EV charging projects. They operate across the whole project lifecycle- developing, financing, constructing, owning, and operating large-scale commercial and community scale projects. With .5GW of projects already in the ground, they're looking for a Director of Development to expand their portfolio.
This position is tasked with propelling existing portfolios of early-stage community solar projects through the various phases of development and permitting, ultimately leading them to NTP. This role assumes the responsibility of holistically managing the processes of site development, permitting, and land entitlement for a portfolio of distribution-interconnected solar projects nationwide. Working in close coordination with experts from the Development team specializing in origination, interconnection, engineering, and real estate/title matters, the Director will concurrently oversee the progression of multiple projects. An essential aspect of this role involves not only overseeing each project's unique developmental trajectory but also managing the overall portfolio considering market-specific timing, potential risks, and other factors that influence the projects' success.
- Overseeing site analysis, survey, and preliminary design for entitlements.
- Understanding local, state, and federal permitting requirements.
- Managing unique permitting processes, including budget and schedule.
- Owning consultant relationships and value addition to the portfolio.
- Leading local community engagement and advocating project benefits.
- Collaborating on market strategy and portfolio disposition.
- Coordinating with regional partners for permitting insights.
- Assisting detailed designs to assess critical flaws, permitting requisites, and optimal sites
- Developing project plans, schedules, milestones, and budgets.
- Engaging with state-level groups and fostering positive relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, environmental science, or equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' land use permitting experience with at least 3 years in solar development.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal permitting processes.
- Track record in managing consultants, leading project permitting, and engaging with local communities.
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven mindset, eager to take ownership of projects.
- Successful team player, adept at internal and external collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of summarizing and presenting macro plans.
- Independent problem-solving ability, identifying and addressing risks creatively.